I was recently asked on Instagram to do a 20 facts about me post, I thought for my first blog post there was nothing better to share.
so here goes….
- As I’m sure you all know by now my name is Jayne.
- I live in Bangor, Northern Ireland with my little family.
- I was born in England, but moved to Northern Ireland with my parents and 2 older brothers when I was 3 years old. I would love to move back (see no.9)
- I am married to my childhood sweetheart Trevor for 10 years. we got married in June 2007
- We have 5 beautiful children. 1 boy and 4 girls, one of which we have recently been approved to adopt.
- We have been foster parents for 4 years to the little girl we are going to adopt.
- I love staying at home with the kids though I do plan to return to work once all the kids are older.
- I hate how people judge me for being a stay at home parent and for having 5 kids. The comments like “oh do you own a TV?” “You need a television in your bedroom!” “You’ve been busy!” all really annoy me.
- I would love to move to London. we had started to look at house a few years ago but my dad got ill and I stopped looking.
- I tell people I will eventually learn to drive but the truth is I am too scared of crashing (there is so many crazy drivers on the road) or failing. Maybe one day though!
- I cant stand oranges. I know this one probably sounds silly to some people but the smell and texture of them really turn me.
- I turned 30 in April this year but if you ask any of my children they will tell you I am 21.
- I love to shop especially for my kids or my home yet very rarely for myself. Unless its food shopping its just boring.
- I love taking photographs and don’t like being in them. I am far from a professional tho once the kids are a little older I would like to do some courses and make it into a living.
- I was pregnant with baby number 6 but sadly had a miscarriage at 12 weeks. (October 2017).
- I hate being late. My husband is always late, sometimes I tell him we have to be there 30 minutes before we do just so I know we will be on time or a little early. (my secret will be out when he reads this)
- When I get an idea in my head I need to do it straight away. This really annoys my husband, he has arrived home to find me painting rooms and putting up shelves before now. He once told me he would build the baby furniture when he finished work, he arrived home to find I had built it all myself and finished the nursery at 34 weeks pregnant.
- I write lists for everything to keep me organised if I don’t I will forget something.
- The hardest thing I ever had to do was watch my dad take his last breath.
- I am very lucky to have all my babies I always get ill when pregnant and never carry past 37 weeks. 2 pregnancies have almost killed me and I have been close to losing 3 of my children if it wasn’t for the fantastic NHS staff.
So there you have it 20 facts about me. I know I’m not that interesting and I hope I haven’t bored you all too much.
Thanks for reading